Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grandfatherhood


It's a very strange thing for a guy to be a grandfather. It's strange enough to be a dad. When your children begin to have children, the circle of life becomes more abundantly clear.

My daughter, Heather, will have her baby son, Liam, in about six weeks. My daughter, Amanda, took these photos of Heather (and Liam) earlier in the week.


Heather's husband is serving with US Forces in Afghanistan and she's living with me until he returns from the war. They'll allow him home on leave at Christmas time and he'll see his little son for the first time then.


4 comments:

WoFat said...

HOO RAH for Heather and Hubby.

darlin said...

Amanda takes amazing photos!

Another wee bundle of joy, what a blessing! I'll be coming to you for advice on being a grandparent in the future if need be... I'm still at one grandbaby and there's not another one in sight as of yet, whereas you are getting plenty of experience. ;-)

I'm looking forward to baby photos.

Opus #6 said...

Heather looks great. Congrats on your upcoming miracle.

Euripides said...

What a terrific time in you and your daughter's life. Congrats!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin