Thursday, December 11, 2014

Secret Rooms

The house that has almost everything and forgets to build a secret passage, gun room, panic room or whatever you want to call it, misses the purpose for a castle.


I always admired those paintings with the eyes that could be removed and replaced by the eyes of the 'watcher' in old movies. I think that this is where my obsession began. Every old castle movie had secret passages that were revealed as you tugged on a candle stick or removed a dusty old tome from the shelf.


7 comments:

Adrienne said...

That would be pretty easy to do over a walk in closet.

WoFat said...

Nice looking place, but it must be a bitch to clean.

LL said...

Wo - It's Dracula's castle, so I'm sure that there is an army of zombies to do the heavy lifting.

wofat said...

TEST

Euripides said...

OK, now I absolutely need one of those castles. Do you think it's possible to buy one on a teacher's salary?

LL said...

Maybe not on a teacher's salary, but on a professor's and an administrator's princely pay -- absolutely.

Valuesim said...

I'll look into the concept since I am planning my own Castle.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin