Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Movie Business

My youngest daughter, Emilie (pictured below), is at the Academy Awards program in Los Angeles as I write this. She is the personal assistant to a Hollywood Celebrity who is a member of the Academy and as such she attended.

The celebrity lives down the street from us, so as a careful father, that criteria makes me a little more comfortable with the situation.




















Emilie wore this dress (she'd be offended if I called it an 'outfit'). At the moment she's at Elton John's private after party. I spoke to her on the telephone a few minutes ago and Emilie said she's having a great time hob-nobbing with the great and near great (and those who think they're great).

My choice for best picture: HURT LOCKER, won. Beyond that, I didn't care much and I didn't see the Academy Award show since I was out working.

7 comments:

Coffeypot said...

A very pretty young lady and I know you are a proud papa.

Opus #6 said...

She looks stunning. Wow.

WoFat said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Thank God she takes after her mother, like the rest of your lovely children.

LL said...

Ha Ha Ha, WoFat - you KNOW my daughter favors me. Her emotional outbursts I credit to her mother...

darlin said...

I can now understand your passion for guns LL. With a daughter this beautiful ya, enough said!

Emilie is stunningly beautiful and what an experience for her to attend the Academy Awards and attend Elton John's party, wow!

Az said...

Beautiful lucky Emilie making some of us green with envy! :D You have beautiful, fantastic daughters LL... makes me wonder if thats any reflection on their Dad hmmmm? lol ;)

Word Veri: poopetiv - competitive's trailer trash cousin?

Amusing Bunni said...

She's beautiful, LL, I bet you guys had some fun stories to talk about after the awards and parties.
I am very glad the Hurt Locker won too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin