Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bucket List - The Simpson Desert

Australia's Outback is some of the most challenging 4x4 expedition driving on this, the Third Rock from the Sun. Though there is no real last great frontier on top of the Oceans, this comes close. (LINK) I've talked about it with friends -- I've been born 150 years too early or 150 years too late. The Bucket List is a good place to compensate to the extent that it's possible, and Australia's Northern Territory is on the list.

I've beaten my way across the Desert Southwest in the US and through the Rocky Mountains and it's time to up the bet.

Colorado - last summer
Continental Divide - last summer

Why not the gnarliest spot in Australia - the great down-under!


I've discussed the expedition with buddies and thought about shipping my Toyota FJ - but I'm more likely to rent a Toyota Prado (expedition equipped) in Australia for the trip if and when I can make it before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

The Road Less Traveled...beckons.

1 comment:

darlin said...

LL, you will get to the outback, after all like you said, "The Road Less Traveled beckons" and if anybody is going to do something which makes their heart dance, that would be you LL.

I smiled when I read your last line, that road is an amazing road to travel. Only the brave and determined travel that road, it sure isn't for the faint of heart.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin