Monday, January 24, 2011

Mischief

I finished BLOODY MEXICO: A Novel of Cartel Wars and so it's in clean-up mode before being sent to my editors who will clean it up further, catch what spell check didn't, and so forth.  I think it will meet the March deadline for going to press.

My deadline for THE BLACK SCORPIONS: A Novel of Outsourced War is July 2011 and I'm going to complete that - it's almost done - next.

But what's coming after that? Will I toss my keyboard and imagination and turn my attention to something that makes real money? 

Doubtful.

The next story, which will be titled, MISCHIEF, is in the works. 

With MISCHIEF I take a whole new direction and leave the world of the nearly real for that of science fiction. I've never attempted SciFi before, but, it's a challenge that I've given myself. I started on MISCHIEF last night.

And the proof of the writing is in the reading, isn't it?


Look for MISCHIEF in 2012 -- provided I don't end up in the "special room" for writing SciFi...


6 comments:

Teresa said...

Awesome! Looking forward to reading you upcoming books.

Opus #6 said...

You have been applying yourself. Books are a wonderful legacy. Think of the authors that we still read. They speak to us over time and space.

LL said...

Teresa - tell your friends and acquaintances when they come out -- sales are the grist that feeds the mill.

Opus - I can only hope that when people read what I write, they are transported to a different place and that they have a measure of relief from their daily lives. That's what entertainment is all about.

Xmichra said...

I am generally a Sci-fi fan, so this book would be more up my ally than the bloody Maexicans. lol.. Let us know how it goes!!

WoFat said...

I await the outcome.

darlin said...

You've been busy! I'm looking forward to your next book, the first one was amazing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin