Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lions, giraffes and rhinos

My planned trip to Mexico this week was canceled last minute, so I visited the San Diego Zoo Safari Park with two of my grandsons today. It's not precisely the African veld, but it's as close as you're going to get in Southern California. 

The San Diego Zoo Safari Park, formerly known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park, is a 1,800 acres zoo in the San Pasqual Valley area of San Diego County, California. The park houses a large array of wild and endangered animals including species from the continents of Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America, and Australia. The park is in a semi-arid environment and one of its most notable features is the Africa Tram which explores the expansive African exhibits. These free-range enclosures house such animals as antelopes, giraffes, buffalo, cranes, and rhinos

It's back to the old grind with international intrigue tomorrow, but the day chasing after two little boys (wearing me out) was a pleasant interlude. 

4 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Adorable. Love the shades.

WoFat said...

Cute kids. Who's the old guy?

LL said...

Opus - Griffin had to wear a baseball cap and sunglasses because I was.

WoFat - Whoever he is he must have been around to see dinosaurs and cave men.

Az said...

Seeing the world "Africa" I got a little excited, I thought you were here - and then I had to read more carefully...

The younger of the two looks a little like my baby cousin. He's currently here, visiting from Denmark with his parents :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin