Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Isle of Man Ferry

I was in the Navy and you'll note the lax haircut and torn up boonie shirt. That's how it was in those  halcyon days. TDY to 62 Commando, on the ferry from Douglas, Isle of Man to Belfast with a girlfriend whose name has been lost to antiquity. Money in my pocket, more ego than a young man ever need have, lean, mean, baby faced shooter.

I lived in a secure 'mansion' in the Finaghy district of Belfast. Played in a flat off Antrim Road not far from Belfast Castle. Tagged a safe house, it was anything but.


I'm posting this to prove that there was a time 
when my hair was black as a raven's wing.

Time is a cruel enemy.


Old harmless lion in winter with blunted fangs and cracked claws.

sic transit gloria mundi




6 comments:

WoFat said...

Ah, youth.

jenny said...

Both great photos! If time's the enemy, you've clearly got it cowering, right alongside your scotch drinking business colleagues! Looking good!

LL said...

WoFat and Pretty Jenny - youth is wasted on the young.

Coffeypot said...

I use to be samller and more compact too. Damn time. But your lady friend is quit a looker (the sailor in me noticing the right stuff).

LL said...

John, I never hung around with trolls. I realize that may sound a bit prejudicial on my part - but that's just how it works out.

Brig said...

There is much good to be said of he who makes it to winter.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin