Sunday, April 24, 2011

It started with a large bear

As with all things, there is a flow of events and I decided to start with a large bear.


When Griffin arrived today (Alyssa was with the other grandparents), he found a large 53" tall brown bear sitting in his favorite chair. At first he was a bit put off, but there was an Easter basket full of goodies sitting on the bear's lap that proved irresistible.


Soon, Griffin and the bear became best of friends. Griffin is roughly 1/2 as tall as the bear.


Though I don't know that Mommy (my daugher, Amanda) was all that happy about taking the 53" tall and roughly 36"(1 meter) wide bear home with her, she liked holding the bear just as much as Griffin did.


Activities in the game room shifted from holding the bear to throwing a squishy ball through the hole in the red inflatable ball at my daughter Emilie, inside - serving as a target and ball return device.


Following dinner my son-in-law took Griffin on his first Easter Egg hunt. Some of the plastic eggs held candy and others held money that goes into his piggy bank.


Success was measured one Easter Egg at a time...


8 comments:

darlin said...

LL your heart is as big as the bear! So did the bear go home with Griffin?

Griffin sure looks like he had the best Easter ever! You're an amazing grandpa LL, your grandchildren are just as blessed to have you for a grandfather as you are blessed to have them as grandchildren.

Excellent photos, did you take these?

WoFat said...

Coooool.

LL said...

Yes I took the photos, Darlin -- and yes, the bear went home with Griffin. He really liked the bear and I wouldn't be surprised if he took a nap or two on the soft, plush bear.

Wo- Most of you don't know that WoFat is a teddy bear terrorist of sorts and sends bears to people (not to me, but to people) who are in need of a bear.

Euripides said...

What a fantastic Easter. It looks like you and yours had a great time!

darlin said...

LL very nice shots! That's so cute that Griffith got to take the bear home with him, now you'll have to get another one for your granddaughter! lol

Xmichra said...

lol.. I am fairly sure I would kill my dad if he did that. lol... the bear is cool as a notion, but as a lump of stuffing in the house day after day.... you are a brave man! haha...

LL said...

Xmichra - They rejected the Big Red Ball. They rejected the lizard.

So I thought it was high time for a BIG BEAR...

Az said...

Hope you had a fantastic Easter LL! I had my mouth full of chocolate Easter eggs for most of it hahaha. That Griffin is just too cute ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin