Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slip-n-Slide


One of the guys on the trip the other day sent me this picture of his truck. He high-centered on the snow (ice under) and had to be strapped out too. The reason I'm posting this is because you can see my tracks angling off to the right of his rig toward the edge of the cliff. When you're on ice, there's not much you can do except hang-on!

He came three or four trucks after mine in line and I had moved up the hill by the time he got stuck. The problem wasn't depth of snow. It was about three inches of ice under the snow that formed from the melt/freeze cycle.


In this picture, we're going down a steep logging road. My rig is right in front of the yellow Humvee. Another hundred meters ahead, the road was completely blocked by 7 or 8 really big trees that were washed out by the severe winter we had this year. They completely blocked the road. Time for chainsaw work and a bulldozer.


Some of the guys try to get to the bottom of the electrical fire.


It turned out to be a fried relay. I'm not sure what the relay controlled but the truck still ran and he made it out.

3 comments:

darlin said...

This looks like so much fun! I changed my mind though about needing a vehicle like yours here in the mountains, that bit you veered off would have taken you into the next life if you were on the roads we were on yesterday! Yikes.

Where were you that you found snow? Is this your one snow day of the year? ;-)

LL said...

Darlin, I'm not opposed to looking at snow from afar, but up close, it's a bit more hazardous ;^)

Opus #6 said...

Glad to hear everybody made it home OK.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin