Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On the Million Dollar Highway



Colorado State Route 550 from Durango to Ouray is referred to as the "Million Dollar Highway". The average grade is 8%, there are 110 curves and it feels like you're on a mining road the entire distance. In once case a river actually runs over the highway (in a sort of man-made diversion that you drive under) BUT the view is spectacular. Yesterday I crossed the Navajo and Hopi Indian Reservations and ran up the Million Dollar Highway.



When I rolled into Ouray, Colorado there was a deer in a front yard. So I snapped a photo - feeling very much the tourist. The deer seemed completely at home.



There are 225 Toyota FJ Cruisers gathered at Ouray, Colorado for the annual Summit. Here are but three. (mine is in the center)

1 comment:

darlin said...

Sounds fantastic, I'd say wish I was there but I've already seen your other photos!

I love the deer on the front lawn, right at home minding her own business like a good little deer should do. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin