Thursday, September 3, 2009

Movie Review: Planet of the Apes

Charleton Heston (as George Taylor):
"You maniacs! You blew it up!
God damn you all to hell."

There were the movies -
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)
Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971)
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)
Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)
Return to the Planet of the Apes (1975)
Back to the Planet of the Apes (1981)
Farewell to the Planet of the Apes (1982)
Behind the Planet of the Apes (1998)

There was the television series -

There was the re-make in 2001: Planet of the Apes

In 2011 another Planet of the Apes movie will blast across the silver screen: CAESAR (Planet of the Apes Genesis) - source imdb.com

The general plot of the very popular movies, television series and now the new remake coming in 2011 deal with a world where apes assume control of the planet and humans are reduced to the condition of animals. Though the movies were never favorites of mine, the coming movie was a bit of a surprise to me - but movie goers should love it.


4 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

I liked the 2001 remake.
though i wasnt expecting to!
but i did!

i kinda felt emotions. which is weird btw. never thought i had that sorta animal instincts :P

Stephanie Faris said...

I've never seen the original. Just that remake that came out in 2001.

LL said...

AD - animal instincts -- who would have guessed?

darlin said...

I remember watching Planet of the Apes way back when. I was not aware that there were new ones and I think that I`ll pass. I also never realized that there were so many of these movies back then! Maybe I watched one or two and didn`t much care for them so never paid no more attention after that! Oops, dating myself once again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin