Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What's in a date?


09/09/09

I don't think there is anything significant in a particular enumeration of a date. But some people seem to think so (CLICK HERE).

* Numerologists believe that there is a mystical significance to each number and assign "vibration" values to numbers and believe their combinations can produce results in life.


*In Japan a fisherman caught a nine-tentacled octopus today! Auspicious? No, it's bad luck in Japan, but good luck in China.


*In Florida (see the click above), some county clerks are offering a one-day wedding special for $99.99 for people who want to take advantage of nuptial bliss on this unique day. Maybe the wedding will last longer because of the good vibrations from this set of numbers?


*It's a good day to premier your new animated movie "9".

*Multiply nine by any two, three or four digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. EXAMPLE: 9x62 = 558, 5+5+8=18, 1+8=9 (science or pseudoscience?)

*I hope that no matter what you're doing today that life offers you good fortune, and a gentle time with friends and family.



11 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

My sister married on 2-2-02. I think it's just a cutesy thing to do. I wouldn't marry today...because it's a Wednesday. How would you get everyone to take off work and be there to see it? :-)

Red said...

Good luck and (better still) God bless!

Xmichra said...

Nine has always been a lucky number for me, but i get freaked out when there are too many of them. sorta like the bucket filling over, if you will.

I would totally get married on a wednesday, but that is my "now" personna of the less people the better. If I were to look in my wedding pictures, I bet there would be about a handful of people I still talk to, or want to talk to left. Pretty bad.

darlin said...

When a person has already been married twice, what the heck, I'd go for the special! :-) Now to find the man before midnight!

Coffeypot said...

Thanks for the well wishes on the 999. I had rather have the 999 than the 666 (nine's upside down?)

LL said...

Xmichra- The day of the week you select for a wedding is directly proportional to the number of people you want to show up. If I ever got married again, I think it would be on a Wednesday...

Darlin- We need a progress report. Did you marry your friend, Herb today?

Coffeypot- 9 or 6 or 69. Decisions-decisions.

Opus #6 said...

I noticed the date when I signed my check at Costco. Good thing the receipt didn't total $999.99

LL said...

Opus, if the total had been $999.99, you would have won the lottery...if you bought your ticket at one of those tiny ghetto liquor stores where the winners always buy theirs.

darlin said...

LL that won't happen until I receive my degree, if not a bit longer... we'll see where I am at in three years. I like dating, it keeps the relationship exciting and interesting this way. Mind you... I am going to be a Gramma in late April or early May, maybe I'd best rethink this! lol

Az said...

My Facebook page was littered with Status's saying 'it's 9 minutes past 9 on the 09/09/09.

I don't think theres any significance. I do recall some prophesizing doom and gloom at 6 minutes past 6 on the 06/06/06.

LL said...

Azra, I don't recall anything bad happening on 06-06-06...or yesterday on 09/09/09.

Now we all know that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day. At least there's something we can agree on?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin