Thursday, March 12, 2009

Greedo Returns?

Seasons change and today I saw my first Anna's Hummingbird. Soon they'll all be back and hopefully my favorite hummingbird, Greedo, will join the throng. 

There is a soft place in my heart for hummingbirds. Their antics, their strict territoriality, their "poaching" on the flowers other birds have claimed as their own - I love it all.

My business has picked up recently and it causes me to be away more than I have been. The lazy afternoons with a book or a sketch pad on the patio with the hummingbirds will remain a priority in my life no matter the other demands that come my way.

2 comments:

WoFat said...

We shall put out our hummingbird feeders next week. If it's not snowing.

Weather here is woo-woo.

Devin and Kelly said...

yay greedo is coming back!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin