Friday, May 22, 2009

Friend's Video - Promo

The English Longsword was the weapon of gentleman warriors in its day. Brandon Heslop (the bald guy in the movie below) and I debate medieval tactics from time to time but he is clearly better than I am at swordplay. He and his friend Casper (the guy with long hair) have published a book on the use of the Longsword in combat as Renaissance Martial Arts are renewed in the present day.

Live steel sparring (below) should be reserved for people who are very familiar with the use of these edged weapons because they are lethal. Brandon doesn't play for blood. He enjoys sport with an "edge to it" (pun intended). Most of my friends either have or do "live life on the edge." 


7 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I can't see it on my cell phone. I will come back later and check it out.

WoFat said...

Looks like a Saturday night in the 'Hood.

Anonymous said...

I love it. My littlest bro is very it to this as well. though he doesn't have anyone to fight.

Opus #6 said...

It's a bloody business but someone's got to do it. :-D

B & C said...

Hey, LL!

I just realized that I hadn't yet added your blog to our follow list. Well, that's corrected now!

Thanks for the kind comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Hopefully we'll have a release date soon.

I gotta get down to SoCal so we can get together and do some friendly sparring. That way I can say I've crossed blades with the formidable Scarry Larry.

;)

-B.

LL said...

Brandon-It's ok if you brag about kicking my a$$ with a blade, I can only ask that you make it a dull blade...

B & C said...

LOL.

I'm not so sure I'd kick your rear. A few taps, perhaps. I imagine you'd do quite well.

In case anyone is interested, these are what we use for sparring \ freeplay:

http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/maestro/sword-practice-meyer.htm

Here's a vid of Casper fighting in armor, (though he's no longer with the ARMA. Neither am I, for that matter):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnqOMbFDEAI

-B.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin