Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can you feel the love?

Blogging from Ny, Ny - on the road

Last night, I took my daughter, Emilie, to see THE LION KING on Broadway. The production, as with all major Broadway plays, was stunning and exciting.

Emilie asked me what my favorite parts of the production were. I must say that the opening of the THE LION KING was immensely dramatic, moving - The Circle of Life. Favorite character? SCAR, of course.

We are all part of that circle of life. My four daughters are the legacy I leave the world. My grandson and granddaughter are the renewal of that circle. It's interesting to be sitting on the other side of fifty, looking at the circle from this perspective as opposed to the view from the beginning. 



3 comments:

Opus #6 said...

Sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

That is a very insightful way of looking at it. Hope you enjoyed your night out with your daughter.

darlin said...

LL, you appear to be by far overdue for a nomination as father of the year. I can feel the love you share as a family all the way from way over here in Canada!

and father of the year goes to...(insert drum roll) "LL"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin